The holidays are just around the corner. For some businesses, this is a busy time. For others, things slow down and business owners have the opportunity to evaluate the year behind them while also looking to the future. Here are some things to consider:
Looking back at 2013
- How did your company perform? Did you hit your revenue goals? Are you satisfied with your performance?
- Did any government changes in taxes or laws have a significant impact?
- Have you looked at your YTD financial statements? Are there areas you can improve upon?
- How did your investments perform? Did you reach your financial goals?
Looking ahead to 2014
- Are you expecting any major changes in your business – mergers? acquisitions? big staffing changes like lay-offs or critical hires? significant capital expenditures?
- How will the latest provisions of the Affordable Care Act (i.e., Obamacare) impact your company?
- What tax changes for 2014 should you plan for?
- Have you done an employee benefits review lately?
This is a lot to consider, but these are important issues that impact your company’s bottom line now and into the future. If you need help evaluating any of these areas, or just want a second opinion, give us a call at 206-386-5455 or send us an email. We’d love to learn more about your business!
To your wealth,
Joe Maas, CFA, AVA, CFP®, ChFC, CLU®, MSFS, CCIM
President of Synergetic Finance